Foot pain arises from a number of factors including lifestyle, ill-fitting shoes or lack of proper foot care. Your feet support your body weight in each step and have a direct impact on the rest of your body. Poor feet alignment can have a large impact on foot function, causing pain and discomfort to your feet, ankles, knees and hip joints. If you are looking for foot pain relief and wellness in Brampton, you have come to the right place.
Healthmedica Wellness Centre offers Foot pain relief and care via Custom Orthotics, Orthopedic Bracing and Compression Stockings as part of our Optimal Wellness Program. . Healthmedica utilizes the most up to date technology called The GaitScan SystemTM to accurately map foot pressure before prescribing the need for Orthotic Therapy.
Get Free Information Today
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the GaitScan SystemTM and why is it required for Orthotic Therapy?
There are different methods out there of assessing our gait cycle (the way we walk) to make custom orthotics. However, most clinics do not realize that a good combination of assessments (i.e. physical and computerized) can make all the difference.
Our GaitScan SystemTM is an innovative diagnostic tool and digital casting device that analyzes biomechanics of your gait, particularly how your feet align with the ground when you walk. GaitScan™ has an industry high 4096 sensors and scans at an industry high 300Hz (scans per second). These measurements provide a sophisticated explanation of foot mechanics and clear, concise images to assess and articulate the need for Orthotic Therapy.
What does this mean for you?
This computerized, in-depth method of assessment with a dynamic scan provides us with information that cannot be obtained with the physical method alone. Over a million points of data are recorded, tracking even the most minor flaws in your gait and unveils issues that if left untreated, could develop into painful conditions over time. Thus allowing us to take proactive measures to eliminate any future foot issues.
Professional, custom orthotics based on biomechanical gait scan.
Functional and fun. Find the best brands of over the counter and custom medical compression stockings.
Leading edge orthopedic bracing designed for comfort and mobility.
Leading brands with all ranges of footwear – professional, sportswear or heels! Custom Orthotics & Custom Orthopedic Footwear
When deciding if you require over-the-counter orthotics or prescribed custom orthotics, answer these questions with a yes or no:
- Do you have diabetes?
- Do you have problems with circulation?
- Do you have consistent pain in your extremities (ankle, foot, leg, hip joint)?
- Have you tried over the counter Orthotics but the pain is still persistent?
If you answer Yes to any of the questions above, it is time to visit Healthmedica Wellness Centre for your custom orthotics.
There are different methods out there of assessing your gait cycle (the way you walk) to make custom orthotics. However, most clinics do not realize that a good combination of assessments (i.e. physical and computerized) can make all the difference. At Healthmedica, we utilize both physical and computerized assessments before prescribing custom orthotics:
- As part of our Optimal Wellness Program , we look beyond treating the pain – we go right to the root cause and eliminate the pain from recurring again. Therefore, a thorough physical assessment is provided by a Doctor of Chiropractic, who is trained to look into the root cause of pain during the evaluations.
- Healthmedica utilizes the most up to date technology called The GaitScan SystemTM to accurately map foot pressure before prescribing the need for Custom Orthotics.
What to expect?
- Physical Assessment Doctor of Chiropractic will examine your lower extremities (foot, ankle, leg, hip joints) and do a thorough assessment of your body relative to your posture and gait (the way you walk). 2. Scan your Foot via GaitScan SystemTM
- You will be asked to walk across the plate, tiny sensors in the system will map the pressure of your sole with each step and generate a 3-D image for our Doctor of Chiropractic to examine.
- Determine need for Custom Orthotics Based on both physical and computerized assessments, the Doctor of Chiropractic will determine the need and type of Orthotic Therapy required for your condition.
- Casting (if required). A cast of your foot will be taken in soft foam, to match your sole perfectly. This will be sent to the laboratory to create a orthotics solely designed for you.
- Custom Orthotics When the custom orthotics are designed, our clinic will call you to pick them up or it can be mailed to you, at your expense. At this time, the clinic will schedule a mandatory appointment with the Doctor of Chiropractic after 1 month to check on the progress of your treatment.
What is Custom Orthotics?
A custom orthotic look like insoles, but are biomechanical medical device that are custom made to correct your specific foot alignment, decrease high-pressure areas, stabilize foot imbalance and/or cushion the feet. By doing so, custom orthotics gradually improve function of the foot or of the body relative to the lower extremities (foot, ankle, leg, knee, thigh and hip joints).
Do I need prescription for custom Orthotics?
Yes, prescription Orthotics are crafted specifically to you. They are matched with the map of your feet and designed for the way you move. Custom Orthotics are only prescribed after a thorough analysis by a specialist – this includes evaluation of your foot print, ankles, hip joints, legs, and posture. At Healthmedica Wellness Centre, our Chiropractors will prescribe Custom Orthotics, if required as part of your overall treatment.
Does OHIP cover for custom Orthotics?
No, OHIP does not cover Custom Orthotics. However, most extended health coverage insurance plans do cover most of orthoses and/or prescribed Orthopedic footwear.
Orthopedic Bracing (Orthoses)
Whether you have had surgery or wish to prevent it, an athlete or a weekend warrior, we have the right custom or over-the-counter orthopedic bracing or device for you.
Healthmedica Wellness Centre is proud to offer top-of-the-line bracing and support solutions that are customized to your needs. Bracing has a special role in your overall rehabilitation plan, it can be used to protect, stabilize, support and correct chronic and acute injuries or abnormal alignment. We strive to increase your mobility, empower your potential while overall decreasing your rehabilitation time through our Optimal Wellness Program.
Custom Knee Bracing
Custom braces are measured and constructed specifically to your anatomy. Custom braces are designed to stabilize and protect knee joint.
If custom bracing is not required, over-the-counter bracing can be used to treat knee conditions and orthopedic injuries. These braces can be used post-injury or to prevent injury by supporting the joint during activity. Over-the-counter bracing is commonly used to treat conditions or injuries related to low back, elbow, wrist, thumb, ankle, etc.
Compression Socks and Stockings
Compression socks and stockings are leg garments that help reduce leg pain, improve blood flow and reduce swelling. Medically designed compression stockings help manage tired, aching legs, moderate to severe varicose veins, cold feet and edema.
Healthmedica Wellness Centre carries different varieties of comfortable and stylish, high-quality compression socks and stockings.
Visit our Healthmedica Wellness Centre locations to learn more about how compression stockings can cure your current ailment or help prevent any future occurrence of conditions like varicose veins, cold feet or edema. Compression socks or stockings can be recommended by Healthmedica’s Chiropractors, as part of your Optimal Wellness Program. The program designed uniquely for you and follows a multidisciplinary approach for your treatment. This way of treatment is preventative and allows for a faster recovery.
What conditions are treated with Compression socks or stockings?
It is highly recommended to wear compression socks or stockings, especially for those who spend too much time in sitting or standing positions. Typically, compression socks can help with following:
- Tired, aching legs or feet
- Leg swelling
- Varicose veins Venous insufficiency
- Healed or active venous ulcer
- Blood vessel malformations
- Post-thrombotic syndrome
- Chronic venous diseases
A consultation is required before wearing any level of compression.
How does Compression socks or stockings work?
Compression socks or stockings work by tightening around the leg, thereby reducing the amount of blood and pressure in the veins.
What type of Compression socks or stockings are available to me?
Medical Compression socks or stockings have different support levels and compressions. The type of support is dependent highly on your condition.